I’m gonna let you guys in on a little secret: the ratios of cream to egg in this quiche make a perfect of quiche of almost any flavor every time. I use this recipe whenever I need to make something that looks impressive, when in reality I have like a half hour in which to make it. Pick a vegetable (or a few) and add some cheese, bake and there ya go! Instant and delicious, people think you made some fancy thing that in reality you made in 5 minutes and then took a shower the rest of the time it was baking. I usually make this with pesto, sundried tomato and goat cheese. However, I have also done mozzarella and feta, I have used olive tapenade and artichoke spread, and I’ve put stuffed olives, spinach, broccoli, and tons of other veggies. If you want to try this with any variation you can think of, you should.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spread pesto in a thick layer on the base of the pie pan.
3. In a large bowl mix the egg whites, cream, salt and pepper.
4. Pour the mixture in the pie pan.
5. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the mixture.
6. Lay the sundried tomatoes around the quiche.
7. Bake for 30 minutes. Quiche should be solid and golden brown.
Let me know if you like it!