I wanted to share my go-to recipes for busy nights after work, impressive party dishes, or yummy weekend comfort food. I’ve been a vegetarian for about 14 years, so you won’t find any meat here (but Nick never seems to complain as far as my cooking is concerned)! I always look for recipes online, and the below are from some of my favorite websites, food blogs, and chefs.
1. Cauliflower and Caramelized Onion Tart from Smitten Kitchen: This is a bit time consuming, but such a crowd pleaser. People usually will fight over the last piece. Impressive and unique it is perfect for a pot-luck, date night, or lunch for your significant other’s parents.
2. My Favorite Tomato Soup from Taste of Home: This soup has six ingredients, takes no time, and is friggin’ delicious. I like to make it with grilled cheese, and then cut the grilled cheese into little cubes and add grilled cheese “croutons” to the soup.
3. Fig and Goat Cheese Crostini from Martha Stewart: Perfect crowd-pleaser as the statement appetizer at your next party, this is classy, unique and delicious. The figs make it seem special, but it is still really easy.
4. Vanilla Tea Infused Granola from Alice’s Tea Cup: Alice’s Tea Cup is one of my absolute favorite restaurants in the city. Their tea-infused granola is the best! I always get it with yogurt and berries. This year for Christmas, I made a huge batch and gave them as gifts in mason jars.
5. Miso Sweet Potato and Broccoli Bowl by Goop: For a healthy but quick after work dinner, this is amazing. Nick tried to drink the sauce, but I discouraged him because…ew.
This is just a brief taste of my favorite recipes. I have a ton more-stay tuned to the “cucina” section of the blog for recipes and recommendations! Send me your favorite recipes too! I am always looking for suggestions.